Written on .
Steps to Filing a Car Accident Injury Claim (What we can do for you)
- Review police records and other records of the accident.
- Gather medical records of injuries from your medical doctors for damages and treatment compensation.
- Gather financial records showing the car accident victim’s lost income and damages.
- Negotiate with insurance companies. Typically most claims are resolved by negotiations between your attorney and the attorney of the negligent driver’s insurance company. The attorneys will use similar cases with similar injuries and losses as the basis of fair compensation for your injuries.
Should I get legal help?
You should consider speaking with us, if the damages are severe or you have lost over $2,000 in lost income, treatment or pain and suffering. The accident or diagnosis of your injury should have occurred within the year. A victims right to compensation may expire after 2 years, in the state of California. Your amount of time to file a case varies from state to state. In general, you should try to contact us as soon as possible after an accident
- Seek medical treatment immediately and contact our firm right away.
- We do not charge fees up front. We will take a percentage from the settlement.
- Do not talk to the insurance adjuster. Do not give any statements and do NOT SIGN ANYTHING UNTIL YOU CONSULT WITH US. WE ARE HERE TO PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.